We know you’ve been bombarded with emails, tweets and news articles about how you can support local businesses during the uncertainty we are facing over the next few weeks. Our take is a little different:
- Support yourself before you support local businesses. This week the federal government announced the Canada Emergency Response Benefit.
- Write reviews and offer to give testimonials.
- Send your favourite companies an email—entrepreneurship is really hard and just checking in is sometimes all we need.
- Tell your friends and family to sign up for their newsletters.
- Share, comment and like!
- Learn what’s out there. There are several businesses that are Calgary-owned and operated that fly under the radar. On our blog we have interviews with The Olfactory Shop, In Her Circle, Stress Less Ladies and Civic Styles.
This is one of the toughest times ever for all Albertans, no matter if we work in healthcare, food, oil, services, or at home. It costs nothing to share positivity and happy messages or compliment someone you love. We’ve been blessed with some more free time and rest at the moment. Let’s make the most of it.