@_dareats mouth-watering adaptation of Joshua Weisman's In-n-Out Burger
You can’t go wrong with a great burger! It's an easy, quick dinner and one of our favourite ways to use Bessie ground beef. Here is one of our favourites by @_dareats, adapted by Joshua Weissman's In-N-Out Burger. The sauce is to die for!! Check out her live takeover of Bessie's Instagram where she cooks up this recipe here.
1 Pack Bessie Ground Beef Defrosted
Salt and pepper
4 Burger buns (We love Cobs Bread's herb & garlic buns!)
Sauce: 1 onion, 1/3 cup mayo, 2 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp pickle juice, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, pepper, 3 diced pickles
Toppings: butter lettuce, tomatoes, more pickles, cheese
*let your beef sit at room temperature for one hour for even cooking*
- Caramelize the onions: Finely dice one onion. Over medium heat, add the onion and 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Cook for 15 min stirring occasionally, and adding a splash of water to deglaze pan until onions are browned. Remove and cool
- Sauce: Mix mayo, ketchup, pickle juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Add cooled onions and pickles and mix.
- Prep your toppings: Slice tomatoes and place on paper towel and lightly salt. Wash and dry lettuce. Thinly slice 1-2 pickles.
- Divide the ground beef into 4 and roughly shape it into balls, don’t overwork the meat! On medium heat add bit of oil and add one patty at a time. Immediately smash the patty with a spatula until thin and then generously season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 min or until browned and has a good crust, then flip. Salt and pepper the other side and add a slice of cheese, cook for another 3-4 min.
- Spread mayo or butter on both sides of buns and toast.
Tip: Mayo gives your buns a great crisp while keeping the inside nice and fluffy!
- Assemble your burger: Place patty on bun. Add sauce and toppings. Cover with top bun. Enjoy!!