Got leftovers? We've been there. Give this a try!
It’s a fast meal that uses up some leftover odds and ends while also happening to be pretty yummy. It’s got a bit of butter and fat but also makes tomatoes manageable for Spencer!
STEAK AND EGGS WITH "LOBSTER" TOMATO
Created by Spencer Kerber
- End bits of a Bessie steak (rest of the NY Strip went to tartare)
- Mesmerize steak spice
- Fresh tomato
- Spicy bush basil (or another green)
- 2 tablespoons, unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- Black pepper
Steps (1 hour 30 minutes)
- Receive your Bessie Box delivery.
- Liberally spice the steak bits when you take them out the fridge and let sit for a half hour. Brew that coffee.
- Slice the tomato in two and spread out on a plate (feel free to toss a green or two on top).
- Heat a pan to medium-hot. When it’s ready toss that steak on. Leave some space for two eggs. If the steak is leftovers (precooked) just heat it up. If the steak needs to be cooked, try to do a minute or so a side (or until it gets a nice crust going). Remove the steak and the eggs.
- Put in a double spoonful of unsalted butter into the pan and let it brown. It needs to brown up but not burn. It should crackle, pour the browned butter (and rest of the pan bits) on top of the tomato slices! It should spark and pop and ultimately...create a lobster-y taste out of a Roma tomato.
Get eating today:
Bessie's Family Pack | Order your today!
Bessie now delivers to Edmonton!