We just can’t get enough of Daria’s recipes! This time she has shared her mother’s recipe for Korean ribs. Make sure you check out her Instagram for more great eats!
Korean Ribs AKA Galbi
- 3 Packs Bessie Maui Ribs (1.2kg bone in)
- 1 large onion
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 4 green onions finely diced
- 6 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp Mirin
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Pepper
- Food Processor
- Large dish/bowl
- Nonstick pan
- Soak the ribs in cold water for half an hour then drain. Rinse once more and drain. This helps remove excess blood and debris.
- In a food processor, grind onion and garlic to a paste.
- Sauce: In a large shallow dish, add the onion garlic paste and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. You can taste it here to see if it needs more seasoning!
- Taking one rib strip at a time, dip both sides in to the sauce generously and place into a large container. Repeat. With the remaining sauce, pour over the ribs (don’t pour more than 1/4-1/2 cup as it can make it a bit too salty). Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, but overnight is best!
- In a nonstick pan over medium heat add 1 tsp of oil. Add the ribs and spoonful of extra sauce, and cook for 3-4 min on each side till browned. Careful as the garlic burns easily! If your cuts of meat are thicker you may need to add a tbsp of water and cover to help cook evenly and prevent burning!
- Cut into single rib pieces and top with sesame seeds and green onion! Enjoy!