Nervous about a potluck? Roasts are a simple and salivating hit!
Bessie Founder Shanika combined a few of her favourite roast beef recipes and came up with—what her friends claim to be—the best roast beef recipe. Her potluck roast went so well that one of her friends stole the leftovers!
THE BEST ROAST BEEF
Inspired by this recipe by Elise Bauer
- Bessie Inside Round Roast (from your Classic Bessie Box)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh or dry rosemary
- 0.5 tablespoon garlic powder
- Meat thermometer. Shanika uses this one.
- Cookie sheet or dutchoven
- Receive your Bessie Box delivery
- Defrost your roast beef by putting it in the fridge overnight
- Bring your roast to room temperature before cooking. Place on the counter for at least 1 hour
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Combine salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic powder in a bowl. Not a fan of herbs? You can use garlic cloves instead! Cut slits in the roast beef and place pieces of garlic in each slit
- Rub your seasoning mixture into the roast. Save the leftover spice mixture for your next cooking adventure
- Place the roast directly on the rack with a pan/dutch oven below to catch the drippings (make your gravy from this!)
- Roast your roast for 20-30 minutes. If you want to seal more flavour in, you can sear the roast in a hot cast iron skillet instead
- Bring the temperature of the oven down to 225°F and cook your roast for 1.5 hours
- Use your meat thermometer to check the internal temperature (for medium rare aim for 130°F-135°F)
- Take your roast out, admire it and let it rest for 20 minutes
- Cut and enjoy with your favourite side dishes or throughout the week
Don't think we forgot about your leftovers! If any exist that is. Check out 5 tasty ways to use up your leftover roast beef!