Ready to cook up the most delicious, juicy pork chop you've ever had?
This Red Mangalitsa pork chop will melt in your mouth, making you dream about this meal for days to come. This recipe is so easy and really brings out all the flavour that Mangalitsa has to offer.
Mangalicious Pork Chops
Recipe from EH Farms
- Mangalitsa Pork Chops
- Salt & Pepper
- Cast Iron Skillet
That's it! That's all you need! In fact, if you really want to experience the full flavour of pure Mangalitsa, just season with salt.
- Defrost your Mangalitsa pork.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Season the pork chop generously with salt and pepper
- Place the pork chop on a cold skillet with no oil and fry over a low heat. This allows the fat to render.
- Cook on one side, occasionally basting with the fat for 20 minutes or until the fat turns golden and the meat is golden brown.
- Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Transfer the cast iron to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes. As tempting as it is, don't skip the resting!
- Slice and enjoy! Don't forget to eat the fat which is full of healthy, delicious goodness!