Updates from us
- If you have an upcoming delivery and are isolating/concerned, please respond to your delivery confirmation text message to request “NO CONTACT” delivery (we will leave the package on your doorstep and call/text you when it's been delivered).
- We have been getting questions about whether the virus impacts us and the short answer is no. We dove into why here.
- If you are curious about our Health and Safety standards, you can review it here.
How to help your community
- Review all of the recommended precautions to stop the spread of COVID-19. We have details on what it is and how to prevent it from spreading here.
- If you feel like you have a cold or the flu, work from home.
- Find ways to support local restaurants and other small businesses—from home! Julie Van Rosendaal has a Twitter thread filled with businesses and freelancers looking for work and other support here.
- Take care of each other. If someone you know is isolating, shovel their sidewalk, leaving groceries or a homemade meal on their doorstep.
- Stay in touch with your friends and loved ones who may be self isolating.
- Keep calm and don't stock up on toilet paper.
What we are doing
- As team, we have decided to add an extra package of ground beef into each order. Share it with someone who may need it.
Looking for things to do while you're at home?
- Watch a film or two...or five. Here is a list of some of our favourites.
- Binge a TV series. (Shanika will not stop talking about Love is Blind)
- Take a break from social media.
- Listen to a podcast. Listen to our latest interview here.
- Cook delicious food! All of the recipes we share are ones that we have tried ourselves.
- Finish reading that book you've been meaning to finish. We have a list of books we loved in 2019 here.
Bessie is committed to transparent and responsible food. We are vigilantly working with all of our suppliers to ensure local natural food gets safely to your table. We will update you immediately if anything changes. We are actively looking for more ways to support our community. Please contact us if you have any needs or ideas.
Alex, Shanika and Spencer