Daria Cho shares her easy and delicious chicken recipe.
Daria is one of a handful of Calgary-based food bloggers that we work with. During the day, she works as a nurse and whenever she has free time, she cooks! We adore working with her because she understands the importance of creating easy and accessible recipes.
LEMONGRASS BBQ CHICKEN
Created by Daria Cho for Bessie
- 2 packs of Bessie Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup lemongrass, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1-2 Thai chilies
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cilantro and chives for garnish
- Ziplock bag
- Mixing bowl
Steps (10 minutes)
- Receive your Bessie Box delivery
- Defrost your Bessie chicken. Remove from packaging and dry.
- Finely dice lemongrass, shallots, and chilies, and place in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag. Pour in sauce, and distribute. Place in the fridge until ready to grill.
- Let chicken sit a room temperature while you preheat your grill. Grill for approx. 25 minutes or until the skin is slightly charred and inside is 165°F. Garnish with greens and serve with an assortment of grilled veggies and potatoes.
Get eating today:
Bessie's Family Pack | Order your today!
Bessie now delivers to Edmonton!