Created by Half Baked Harvest
- 1 1/2 pound beef tenderloin or flank steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup sesame or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded radicchio or purple cabbage
- 4 carrots, shredded or cut into ribbons
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, and/or mint roughly chopped
- chopped peanuts, for serving
- Receive your Bessie Box order and defrost your beef.
- Season the steak all over with pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, honey, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Add the beef and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the rice and season with salt. Toss to coat in oil. Press the rice evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Let cook, without stirring, until the rice begins to turn golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Spoon the rice out of the pan and onto a plate.
- Return the skillet to high heat and add the remaining oil. Spoon the steak out of the sauce, reserving any sauce left in the bowl, and cook, undisturbed for 2-3 minutes. Stir and cook, undisturbed for another 2-3 minutes. Pour the remaining sauce, 3 tablespoons water, and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the sauce thickens and begins to coat the steak, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the rice among bowls and top with cabbage, carrots, and cucumbers. Spoon the beef and sauce overtop. Squeeze with lime. Top with green onions, basil and peanuts.