This refreshing Thai Tuna Noodle Salad comes to us from MasterChef Canada contestant, John Leung!
Back in March, John Leung hosted a fun cook along for our Culinary Club members and taught us how to make a delicious Singapore Satay Party. Now he's back with this super easy to make Thai Tuna Noodle Salad! A perfect, refreshing summer lunch.
Cook along with John Leung live on Twitch and learn from the master!
- 1 Bessie Box ahi tuna, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 field cucumber, thinly sliced or noodled thru a spiralizer
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 12 sprigs cilantro
- 1 cup mixed greens of your choice (optional)
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Thai chili, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Receive your Bessie Box and defrost your ahi tuna in the fridge overnight.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Prepare the cucumber “noodles” with a 1/2 tsp each of salt and sugar. Let it sit for 10 minutes to allow for slight wilting. For a little tang, you can toss in 1 tbsp rice vinegar.
- Drain your noodles of any excess water that has come out of the cucumber.
- Dress noodles and tomatoes with 2-3 tbsp of dressing.
- Plate, put on tuna slices, garnish with cilantro and mixed greens.
- Spoon on some solids from the dressing onto tuna.
- Drizzle a little more dressing onto the dish, and serve
Want to try this recipe yourself? Grab your ahi tuna here!