The short answer is no.
- Our beef and chicken comes from local farmers in Alberta. Our meat is processed and packaged in federal and mid size provincially inspected facilities (in Alberta). It is individually portioned, vacuum-sealed, and flash-frozen.
- Our seafood is vacuum-sealed and flash-frozen at the point of harvest.
- There is currently no evidence that food is a source or route of transmission of the virus. European Food Safety Authority
- Our supply chain is much simpler than commercial meat and seafood. Less steps means less people involved. Your Bessie order goes from farm to processor to you. We will update you if there are any updates that affect Bessie and our suppliers.
What is COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)?
- A large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. Novel coronavirus is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
What are the symptoms?
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. If you develop cold or flu-like symptoms, especially after travelling, please contact 811 for assistance.
How does it spread?
- Primarily, transmission of the virus spreads between people who are in close contact with each other. It is believed that the virus can spread through contaminated surfaces as well.
How can I prevent it?
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid close contact with anyone that has cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Stay at home if you have cold or flu-like symptoms.